Saturday, September 5, 2015

Book Review: P.S. I still Love You by Jenny Han

Title: P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've Loved Before #2)
Author: Jenny Han
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Pages: 337
Published: May 26th, 2015

Don't read the summary if you haven't read the first book in the series! Contains spoilers.

Summary: Lara Jean didn’t expect to really fall for Peter.
She and Peter were just pretending. Except suddenly they weren’t. 

Now Lara Jean is more confused than ever.

When another boy from her past returns to her life, Lara Jean’s feelings for him return too. Can a girl be in love with two boys at once? 

In this charming and heartfelt sequel to the New York Times bestseller To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before, we see first love through the eyes of the unforgettable Lara Jean. Love is never easy, but maybe that’s part of makes it so amazing- Goodreads

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Review: (Spoiler-free)

I read the first book in this series, To All the Boys I've Loved Before, last summer and as for most who have read that book, it was an instant love-affair. I was never a big fan of Jenny Han's Summer-trilogy, but I was so excited for the release of this book, because the story of Lara Jean and Peter has got to be the sweetest story I have ever read. 

That's the word for it. Sweet. Multiple times when reading this on the train, I caught myself thinking, Wonder what the rest of the passengers are thinking when they see me smiling like crazy, nose in a book. But they don't understand, because they are not inside the adorable mind of Lara Jean.

“So much of love is chance. There's something scary and wonderful about that.” 
It is not an action- packed book, but it's so cozy and I enjoyed reading about the small things in Lara Jeans everyday life, such as what kind of cookies she bakes and her conversations with her little sister Kitty. The focus is of course on Lara Jean, but I love how the characters around her get their own space in the story, and especially her family. Family is often forgotten in YA literature, but they are such a big part of life. In this case, they are also very funny.

Lara Jean is, like I mentioned above, such a cute character. But she also feels real, and a lot of the feelings and thoughts she's having, I can easily relate to and that's part of why I love her so much. This duology is driven by characters, and is basically about first love and growing up. Even though it at times is slow-paced and a little predictable, it is definitely worth your time. If you havent yet picked up these books, you should!

By the way, for those of you who have read it: I know a lot of people would have preferred Lara Jean to choose differently, but I am happy with the ending. Thank you, Jenny Han, for agreeing with me on who Lara Jean should be with!



(Almost a four!)

Other books in the series (Goodreads links)
1. To All the Boys I've Loved Before
2. P.S. I Still Love You

Have you read this book? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment